PPP Forgiveness Information
We know you have questions regarding PPP loan forgiveness. We are here to help.
SBA Direct Forgiveness Portal
On August 4, 2021, the SBA launched a simple portal for PPP borrowers $150,000 or less to apply for forgiveness. The application can be completed in 5 minutes or less here or at https://directforgiveness.sba.gov.
If you have questions, the SBA is offering several tools to help:
- Live Customer Support at 877-552-2692
- Borrower User Guide available here.
- Weekly live event Borrower Education Sessions. These sessions are held on Thursdays at 1:30 pm CST and can be accessed here.
Answering Your Questions on PPP Loan Forgiveness
What You Need to Know
Borrowers will not be required to make payments for at least 12 months from the PPP loan origination date, as long as the borrower submits its loan forgiveness application within 10 months of the completion of the covered period.
The initial review is expected to take approximately 2-3 weeks from the time that we receive your forgiveness application and all supporting documentation. Please note that the SBA has 90 days to respond once the bank submits your application.
Which PPP Application Should You Use?
For PPP loans under $150,000:
The Direct Forgiveness Portal offered by the SBA is the most efficient and simple way to apply for forgiveness. Access the portal here.
For PPP loans over $150,000:
If you can attest to not reducing staff or wages by more than 25%, you are eligible to complete the EZ application.
Download the SBA 3508EZ loan application here(Opens in a new Window).. .
Borrowers that cannot make that attestation will need to use the standard application.
Download the SBA 3508 standard loan application here.
New guidance dated January 19, 2021 states that loans over $150,000 require extra documentation. To see what is needed, reference the video or the list below.
- Bank account statements or third-party payroll service provider reports
- Payroll tax forms (typically, Form 941) and state quarterly business and individual employee wage reporting
- Statements documenting the amount of any employer contributions to employee health insurance and retirement plans included in the forgiveness amount
- The average number of full-time equivalent employees on payroll employed on January 1, 2020 and at the end of the covered period
Non-payroll Documentation, from Feb 2020 through 1 month after the end of the covered period
- Business mortgage interest payments
- Business rent or lease payments
- Business utility payments
SBA Available Tools
Click here for the SBA newly released FAQ, dated October 13, 2020.
Please reach out to our PPP Forgiveness team at 901-382-6600.
Experience the Difference at Bank of Bartlett
We were honored to serve you during this crisis, and we would be honored to win your business as we reopen together. Our commitment to our customers is our highest priority. Come experience the difference at Bank of Bartlett/Bartlett Mortgage.
Business Checking Account Options
Personal Checking Account OptionsApply for a Mortgage or Refinance